|Anime - Manga|
|Hair Color||Graying Black (sea blue in anime)|
|Eye Color||Hazel (brown in anime)|
|Height||About 180 cm tall (5'11")|
|Occupation||Aide to the Second Prince of Clarines|
|Title||Sir Mitsuhide Rouen, Aide to the Second Prince|
|Status||Noble (Knight of low birth)|
|Birthplace||"Mitsuhide's Hometown" (somewhere near Sereg)|
|Relationships||Kiki Seiran (Partner)|
|Japanese Voice||Yūichirō Umehara|
|English Voice||Ian Sinclair|
Mitsuhide Louen (ミツヒデ・ルーエン; Mitsuhide Lūen) is a main character and a male protagonist, as well as being one of Zen's close aides and Kiki's partner. He was first introduced to Zen when he was 17 by Zen's lord brother, the crown prince, Izana. He was previously a swordsman from the Sereg Templar. Sir Rouen was once described as 'protective' towards Zen by Kiki, which is a good, if understated, summation of his motivations.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Mitsuhide has short, greying black or ash brown hair (sea blue in the anime) and hazel eyes (light brown or amber in the anime). He is tall with a lean and toned build. Shirayuki and Obi have both commented that Mitsuhide's muscular build is rather appealing. When he's seen without a shirt he has a number of noticeable scars of unknown origin, mostly on his right side and one of which, on his shoulder, seems to be from a burn.
He normally dresses formally with a well tailored tunic and gambeson over his under garments and carries his sword with him at all times, though when he's not expecting a fight or traveling he will forego the gambeson. He has never been seen in short-sleeved shirts or tops outside of sleepwear, unlike his master Zen. His more casual clothes consist of a buttoned-up shirt and trousers with high boots. On one of the rare occasions he is without his gambeson, due to it being confiscated along with his sword, he ends up cut along his side and arm in a fight in a location which would normally have been protected by it.
During highly formal events like the coronation of the new king he wears the dress uniform of the Knights of the Royal Knight Circle.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Mitsuhide has an outgoing, honest, and loyal personality. He is also flustered easily, especially when he's teased by Zen, Kiki, or Obi.
History[edit | edit source]
Before Mitsuhide became Zen's aide, he was a young "nameless" -not from a powerful family- but talented knight in training at Sereg. He began training in swordsmanship and horsemanship at a young age. He was first introduced to Zen when he was 17 by Zen's brother, Izana. Not much has been said about his life or family outside the palace, though his hometown is well within three days travel from the heart of the Seiran Estate as he leaves for a visit home from the Seiran Harvest Festival when he only has three days before he is to meet back up with Kiki.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I don't serve you just because you're the Prince Zen of Clarines, you know." —Mitsuhide (Episode 11)
- " Zen! I thought you were---- Oh, pardon. Have we met, before? (to Kiki)-- Zen, I didn't know that you were with a young man." — To Zen and Kiki 5 years before the current story.
- "In my eyes, there is no one else like you." —To Kiki
- "But Kiki... I cannot be with you." —To Kiki
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|This page was featured on the front page!|
- He likes sweet things a lot
- His last name was borrowed by Izana during the Lilias incident.
- It took 3 months for Mitsuhide to call Zen Wistaria "Zen" instead of how he usually calls him "Zen-sama".
- In Season 2 Episode 11 (Chapter 28), Mitsuhide accidentally sniffed on a potion that has hypnotic attributes and it made him even more loyal and protective of Zen as ever even going back to calling him, "Zen-sama". However, memories of himself when he was hypnotized evaporated when he was cured by Shirayuki.
- His name is a reference to the Japanese samurai Akechi Mitsuhide, an important retainer of Oda Nobunaga, who played a big part in the unification of Japan during the Sengoku period who is most famous for his eventual betrayal of Nobunaga.
- Mitsuhide has never considered marrying or dating due to his extreme loyalty to Zen, and the fact that he has never found himself romantically attracted to anyone.
- Out of the main cast Mitsuhide is the only one besides the intentionally mysterious Obi whose family remains unknown, unnamed, and unseen.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Click here to view the gallery.